Welcome!

Why hello there and welcome to my Geography blog. I'm an A-level student from Somerset studying Environmental Science, Geography and Archaeology. I should probably explain how this blog has come about. During my first lesson of the new year my teacher exclaimed that I should start a “What I learnt this week…” blog. I thought this would actually be a good idea to help for revision and “consolidate my learning” which is what the teachers always tell me to do and it might (hopefully) help other people doing geography as well. So this is my geography blog.

There are two of us!

So i am a geography geek and got added so i can blog too. what can i say, i love it absolutely love it! i'm not really that clever (that's a lie she is!) but it doesnt stop a love i have for the subject, i also study environmental science and geology.

My portrait photo should reflect what topic I'm studying at the time. If I remember to change it... If you have any questions or want to talk to us about anything Earth Sciences related please don't hesitate to ask!

Tuesday 14 June 2011

END part 2!

so james seems to have done an end blog...so i feeel i will join!

Well firstly to say this is simply the end of another geography learning step! therefore by no means is it the last of the blog, just the end of college...

Firstly, if you read this as part of Richard huish college, do you find any of it useful? If you are reading it as an AS of huish and are wondering whether or not to set up a blog for what you learn...I say do it! i wish we had started this at the beginnig of A2 and therefore had a whole years worth of work, it would have been an awesome revision source. Also if you start it now you will be revising throughout the year which has to be better than doing it all in June! Right? So yeah just do it see if you can find some more people to share the blogging with and its college, not school everyone does some weird things especially for the subjects they love, so it doesnt matter what others think!

What an idea this was, it started as a joke and seems to have now become a pretty serious thing and Millie gets way to carried away with her posts...but did we really expect anything else?

I agree with James that Millie and Nick deserve a huge thanks for the past few weeks with dealing with all our questions (and our cheek) whilst we worried about the exam, at least we are finished now and dont have to teach for 6 weeks! Oh and Millie i am most sorry if all this cake eating has caused you to put on weight and hope it hasnt involved you having to buy a whole new wardrobe!

Finally to my brilliant Geography class, you guys are pretty awesome even if some of you seem to forget that the lesson is on (yes thats right it is at the same time EVERY single week--crazy stuff!) i hope that you have enjoyed the lessons as much as we have and that even if you don't go on to do earth science you have an awesome time and may even occasionally read this.

Much love to all