Welcome!

Why hello there and welcome to my Geography blog. I'm an A-level student from Somerset studying Environmental Science, Geography and Archaeology. I should probably explain how this blog has come about. During my first lesson of the new year my teacher exclaimed that I should start a “What I learnt this week…” blog. I thought this would actually be a good idea to help for revision and “consolidate my learning” which is what the teachers always tell me to do and it might (hopefully) help other people doing geography as well. So this is my geography blog.

There are two of us!

So i am a geography geek and got added so i can blog too. what can i say, i love it absolutely love it! i'm not really that clever (that's a lie she is!) but it doesnt stop a love i have for the subject, i also study environmental science and geology.

My portrait photo should reflect what topic I'm studying at the time. If I remember to change it... If you have any questions or want to talk to us about anything Earth Sciences related please don't hesitate to ask!

Friday 28 January 2011

Week 1

Before I actually state what I learnt this week I thought I should explain how this blog has come about. During my lesson last week my teacher exclaimed that I should start a “What I learnt this week…” blog and tell the world about my “communist, android views” (it’s probably best not to ask). I then thought this would actually be a good idea to help for revision and “consolidate my learning” which is what the teachers always tell me to do and it might (hopefully) help other people doing geography as well. So this is my geography blog. 
It’s a bit ironic really, the first week and I have very little to write about. This is mainly because I only had two lessons one of which we did a mock exam and the other was focused on going through said mock exam. So I’ve actually learnt very little. What I have learnt is that I need to a lot more revision for this exam on Belfast which is coming up soon. Also (I’ll write about National Geographic a bit this week seeing as I don’t have a lot else to write about) the world’s population is expected to reach 7 billion this year and 9 billion by 2045. The world population is predicted to increase by 150,000 people each day for the next 40 years, that’s a hell of a lot of people. Where are we going to put them all and how are we going to feed them? How are we going to be able to supply the energy they need as fossil fuel reserves shrink?

No comments:

Post a Comment