Welcome!

Why hello there and welcome to my Geography blog. I'm an A-level student from Somerset studying Environmental Science, Geography and Archaeology. I should probably explain how this blog has come about. During my first lesson of the new year my teacher exclaimed that I should start a “What I learnt this week…” blog. I thought this would actually be a good idea to help for revision and “consolidate my learning” which is what the teachers always tell me to do and it might (hopefully) help other people doing geography as well. So this is my geography blog.

There are two of us!

So i am a geography geek and got added so i can blog too. what can i say, i love it absolutely love it! i'm not really that clever (that's a lie she is!) but it doesnt stop a love i have for the subject, i also study environmental science and geology.

My portrait photo should reflect what topic I'm studying at the time. If I remember to change it... If you have any questions or want to talk to us about anything Earth Sciences related please don't hesitate to ask!

Friday 28 January 2011

Belfast's Greener Transport Scheme


Belfast rapid transit is a scheme that was originally founded as an idea in 2008 and the first stage is going to take place during 2011. This first stage is ensuring where the project is going and what routes the buses will take. The new transport will be cheap and quick. Fuel choices for this have been carefully picked with LPG, electric/diesel or hydrogen cells being the final choices; this means that the system will be less reliant on fossil fuels reducing carbon emissions (note the synoptic link) and reducing the inflation of prices.
There are 3 main links set up as the basing of the system one of these routes goes towards the hospital and the others stop at many basic amenities. These improved changes to the transport results in everyone having the opportunity to get from one side of the city to the other, even the most deprived. This will result in the most deprived being able to travel every day to areas with job demands and with better paid jobs. This linking of the area should help the regeneration as it reduces the divide. Speed is one of the main features of the service as tickets will be bought before the bus is at the stop meaning that there is less stopping time and during peak hours the system will still be fast as it has a dedicated lane to travel in around the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment