Welcome!

Why hello there and welcome to my Geography blog. I'm an A-level student from Somerset studying Environmental Science, Geography and Archaeology. I should probably explain how this blog has come about. During my first lesson of the new year my teacher exclaimed that I should start a “What I learnt this week…” blog. I thought this would actually be a good idea to help for revision and “consolidate my learning” which is what the teachers always tell me to do and it might (hopefully) help other people doing geography as well. So this is my geography blog.

There are two of us!

So i am a geography geek and got added so i can blog too. what can i say, i love it absolutely love it! i'm not really that clever (that's a lie she is!) but it doesnt stop a love i have for the subject, i also study environmental science and geology.

My portrait photo should reflect what topic I'm studying at the time. If I remember to change it... If you have any questions or want to talk to us about anything Earth Sciences related please don't hesitate to ask!

Monday 11 June 2012

First module of OU

So it seems it has practically been since forever that i last wrote a blog which also means it has been forever since i left college!!

Since finishing college last year i have moved house 3 times and job once...Whilst this is going on i have been doing my first module of my natural science degree, called exploring science.

This module has been compulsory to my degree and is also the base of many more and therefore contained very little earth science based subjects and instead a lot of very intense Chemistry and Physics--which does actually underpin an awful lot of everything within our surroundings.

This first module has taken me 9 months and is the equivalent to half a year at uni. I am currently waiting to see whether or not i have passed the last piece of work i submitted, thus whether or not i passed the module.

I have just started another module, this is only worth 10 credits, the frozen planet. As you can imagine from the title the module is closely linked to the t.v. series.

As i go through this module i hope to look more into the issues raised and therefore compose blogs about them.